Oct 20, 2005

It's here...

Got the Fedex Expobar Brewtus package yesterday afternoon, yay! I had read enough about it that it didn't take long to get it up and running, then pacing back and forth (fortunately there were a lot of customers to keep us busy) until it spent about 30 minutes getting up to temperature. I pulled a couple of seasoning shots and dumped them down the drain, then setup for my first real espresso shot on what has been a long and heavily researched journey, gulp!! A looooong pre-infusion and wallaaahhh, I was tasting the best espresso I ever had using Second Cup's Espresso Forte. Not much point in getting into details about how different it was from my HX three grouphead espresso machine in the cafe. Suffice to say, I am very happy!

I am going to leave it in the cafe for a while to run some tests against it grinding with the Macap M7A and Macap M4 and of course comparing the Reg Barber tamper and the Macap Dynamometric tamper. Plus I want to try some heat profiles against some of the Single Origins, perhaps revisit Fazenda Vista Allegre, El Toucan etc.

Anyway, here it is in all its glory, sitting at the blender station.

2 comments:

Peter said...

Must be the first Expobar in a Second Cup! Congratulations on it's arrival...

Good call with attempting single origins. I think the Brewtus/M4 combo will be able to handle it this time around.

Shaun Taylor said...

Thanks Peter, now if only it had two more groupheads. It pulls shots soooooo well. Steaming on the other hand is almost painfully slow compared to the commercial HX.