Being a coffee snob is harder than you would expect. At the moment I am contemplating how nasty the espresso shot I pull in 10 minutes, while the boys eat breakfast, will taste. I am stuck with Kicking Horse's Cliff Hanger espresso, an apt title since it makes me want to jump off a cliff shortly after I taste the shot. I hadn't pulled this espresso before so thought I should try it. I'm not sure how fresh it was when purchased as they don't date stamp but no matter what I do on the Brewtus II, change temps, doseage, grind etc I can't get a tasty shot from it.

So it will have to be a macchiatto, the only way to deal with its nastiness.

See below for the update on green coffee I have coming in, some of them are soooo good I don't know if I should save them for Doreen and I and never mention them to friends, or roast some VERY SMALL batches as gifts. A dillema. ;-)

http://www.sweetmarias.com/prod.greencoffee.mvc.shtml

1 x lb Green Coffee of the Nicaragua Cup of Excellence -La Esperanza
1 x lb Green Coffee of the Ethiopia FTO Harar -Oromia Coop
1 x lb Green Coffee of the Ethiopian Yirgacheffe (MAO)
1 x lb Green Coffee of the Kenya Auction Lot #54 Peaberry
1 x lb Green Coffee of the SM's Moka Kadir Blend
1 x lb Green Coffee of the SM's Espresso Monkey Blend
1 x lb Green Coffee of the SM's Liquid Amber Espresso Blend
1 x lb Green Coffee of the Colombia Huila - Los Idolos de Bellavista
1 x lb Green Coffee of the Ethiopia Dry-Process Ghimbi
1 x lb Green Coffee of the Kenya Auction Lot 622 Peaberry
4 x lb Green Coffee of the Espresso sampler

www.wholesalerscoffee.com

2 x lb Green Coffee of the Costa Rica Dota Tarrazu
5 x lb Green Coffee of the Guatemala El Injerto
1 x lb Green Coffee of the Colombia Mesa de Los Santos OG Special Reserve 100% Bourbon
2 x lb Green Coffee of the Emerald Mist Espresso
1 x lb Green Coffee of the New Guinea Organic FT
5 x lb Green Coffee of the El Salvador Santa Rita

www.paradiseroasters.com

- 6 x lb Green Coffee of the Espresso Classico
- 3 x lb Green Coffee of the Espresso Nuevo
- 3 x lb Green Coffee of the Brazil Yellow Bourbon Fazenda Cachoeira

1 comments:

Peter said...

Try underdosing that Kicking Horse... but I doubt you will ever obtain anything reasonable out of it.

Last night, I poured a triple rosetta in a 10 oz cup. I was excited. Of course, I managed to forget my camera.

In other news? San Francisco for reading break, so I'll be checking out Blue Bottle and Organica. But the kicker is that I'm bussing it down to Seattle (for a cheaper flight), so I've got 7 hours in Seattle to drink espresso at Victrola and Vivace.