May 31, 2006

Espresso loss


What should have been a normal espresso morning developed into a tragic set of circumstances. As you can see in this photo, the first shot of the day was doing quite nicely. Getting all artiste' I decided to put the photo focus on the reflection of the kitchen behind me, so far so good. The espresso, bottom's up, ahhhhh mighty tasty. Quick rinse under the sink tap and wipe it dry for the next... waaaaaaahhhhhh!!!! It slipped out of my hands and bounced off the granite countertop. The result of said law of physics is captured in this photo. Once the panic subsided, I realized I have a spare marked measuring glass.


These next two photos are really for Evan, as he likes checking out the blog, mainly to see if he can spot himself in any of the photos. So these two photos are just fun ones for him. For any adults out there, you can play "Where's Waldo" or in this case "Where's Shaun" just try and find my head's big fat reflection in the espresso machine photos for the last few days.

That's right - Yet another new look for the blog. Still not sure if I like it, but for now it is capable of handling double photos well, and I need a break from learning CSS code. If you think it stinks or have a better solution drop me a comment.

2 comments:

Gobs said...

I like this look. Very different from the other blogs I've seen and makes everything easy to read. It also fits well on the 1280 x 1024 resolution that I am using with no left to right scrolling.

I'm on March 2006 of your blog trying to catch up and I really enjoy your adventures. It's like I'm there experiencing it with you and your family. You would make a good writer. The first thing that came to mind when I saw the January photo (even before reading your comment).....Bruce Willis! The Jackal! and then saw you comment and laughed. Cheers!

Shaun Taylor said...

Thanks for the feedback on the blog. I'm down to playing with colors now.

Haha, yeah, the Jackal. I'm not too sure Doreen found it as amusing as I did though. ;-)