Jul 10, 2006

Blogcation


Oops, I guess I should have mentioned we were going on a week-long family vacation. Sorry if you were tuning in and you had to read the same old nonsense for several days. Its too late at night for a full debrief so this one has to come via installments. For the next couple of posts you will have to put on your bug repellent, stand next to a fire and get some dirt under your fingernails to immerse yourelf in the fullness of "A family trailer vacation"...

Doreen took a week off so we could head out to the mountains to get a taste of trailer life. Well it wasn't all about the mountains and trailers we were also interested in seeing how dirty the boys could get. Doreen's parents have a 26 foot trailer and with aid of her dad's F150 I took it out to Kananaskis Country. That's right, it was a hot dog and hamburger fest all masterfully grilled on a mini-barbie! Beer you say? I drank more beer in the week than I do in three months (I think I drank 12 beer) - kkkeeeeeeeraaaayyzzeeee! We clap-splatted a lot of mosquito's, ducked a lot of flying jello and debated the correctness of some of Doreen's words while playing Scrabble late one evening (I mean, come one, it meant "Feudal Vassal" like anyone knows that?!?) Embarrassingly I got my butt whipped and am still reeling from it. There's more, lots more but its late so just hold your breath for the next installment. Photos: Keegan attempting to inhale another roasted marshmallow and Evan doing his trademark pumping his arms sprint alongside a lake. We are still not sure how much of the arm pumping is directly attributable to Buzz Lightyear.

Before anyone asks - yes I missed my espresso machine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know family time is most important, but glad to have ya back. Jay

Shaun Taylor said...

Hey Jay, good to hear from you. By the way, I saw your post over at GCBC and the spelling is Canuckistan. ;-)

Anonymous said...

We Yanks are terrible spellers, eh! ;-) Or would it be Kanuckistan in the east and Canuckistan in the west or visa vera? ;-)

Shaun Taylor said...

Go with the GST-free west everytime. ;-)