I really couldn't think of a better title after looking at this photo of Keegan running down the trail. That kid makes me smile. This was one of several such happy sprints to occur yesterday while we were out in Kananskis Country. It was such a nice day weather-wise, no doubt one of the few spectacular weather days left of the late summer/fall. Not only was it a good hike for the boys but they learned a thing or two, like this photo where they are seeing a Beaver Dam for the first time.


Keegan is pretty mobile now so walking around with him is much easier. Now we hardly have to carry him at all - except when fording creeks and such, he's kinda lazy when it comes to those things. The leaves are starting to show their fall colors and there were some beautiful visuals even when walking down a dirt road.


While we were out there we asked a nice couple to take a family photo, alas they didn't turn out (ye olde' shaky hand) so instead, here are a couple of semi-family photos (use Photoshop to combine the two if interested).

The final photo is one I took on the way back out, as we passed that same Beaver Dam. The lighting and sun were just right for a magic reflective image off the still water. I hope, someday soon, the boys understand moments like that, it will make the mountains just a bit more special.

Next post - Expect a comment on La Esmerelda and also my much broader understanding of how much suffering I have taken on by signing on for the 24 Hours of Adrenalin Solo event. Ouch!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shaun, todays post rates you an A+
RD :)

Shaun Taylor said...

I'll take that A+ thx, I never got any in school. ;-)

The RD is throwing me, is that you Ron?

sarah joy said...

Hi Shaun,

I know this is totally random, but I made a blog account and everything just so I could contact you (because I couldn't find an email link on the page).

I'm an undergrad at Boston College and for one of my basic-level communications courses, we have to do a "Speech of Information" in which we choose a topic on which to inform the class... pretty simple. I chose to do my speech on (some very basic knowledge of) espresso-- history of use, varieties, use today, how to pull a shot, etc.

My prof. has required that we utilize some sort of visual aid or demonstration, and I was wondering if you might be willing for me to use the video clip of your "second espresso of the day" that you posted on google video.

In order to do this, I would need you to send me the file (in an email) since googlevideo is a streaming service and I would need to burn the file onto a CD in order to use it in my presentation. I would be very grateful if you would be willing to do this, but I understand if you are not.

In any case, please email me and let me know (and if at all possible, attach that video!!) at sarah.joy.murray@gmail.com

Thanks, sjm

Shaun Taylor said...

Hi SJM, I just sent you an email and I will get things going for you this evening.