So after becoming Vietnamese millionaire's we headed out for a stroll which took us to the Saigon River and in a round-about-way we ended up walking down a narrow, not so touristy, little street which had us walking right by a small boutique spa. I said to Doreen "why not check it out". Once inside Doreen put up a token struggle "well who will look after the boys while I am getting my deluxe hot rock massage?" Uhmmmmm, I don't know, maybe me??? With the token struggle out of the way she skipped off to a massage area, I think she was whistling something cheery and clicking her heels together. Little did I know that the continued theme of friendliness and affection for the boys would continue. We were shown the back of the spa where they had a little garden area which was very Feng Shui. Most of the time there were four girls on the boys, after a while I stopped hovering around them and just sat down to let the girls hang out with Evan and Keegan - they all had a great time by the looks of it.


The spa timing worked out quite well. The initial blast of 90 degree heat combined with the six million people living in HCM City (with over half of them owning motorcycles) makes for a bit of hot culture shock. Doreen and I were making out fine but the boys were pretty happy to kick it back in the cool shade and Zen-like setting at the spa.


Like I said, the boys were well looked after. By the time Doreen was finished her hour long session the boys didn't want to leave.


Somehow, Chy Spa had managed to create a tranquil slice of spa heaven,when just outside it's door was the throbbing city. It was a bargain, in Canada the same treatment would have cost 5-6 times as much. Doreen gave the spa a rating of "It was Dreamy".

9 comments:

Jay said...

Thanks for sharing all of this. To be able to live this experience, vicariously through you, is a real treat.

I am really looking forward to more of your blogs.

Christine said...

I'm making notes on vietnam as I read your blog. I found this website www.chyspasaigon.com, while it's still fresh in your memory, is that the same Chy Spa you were at?
I can totally visualize the way the locals adore your 2 boys. Glad to hear you guys are off to a good start!

domestic rat said...

You guys are there already!!! How nice! Cant wait for next week. :-)

Shaun Taylor said...

Oh yeah! And it's sooooooo great. ;-)

Anonymous said...

We'll be in HCMC in 5 days. Could you give us the address of this spa? My wife already plan to get a facial while she is there. She would love to visit a spa as well....

Shaun Taylor said...

Hi there,

This is the website address, we went to the one located in District one. Enjoy!

http://chyspasaigon.com/welcome.asp

HNguyen said...

Thank you for the reply. I'll make reservation for my wife the day after we landed (Sunday). I also notice that you're heading to Mui Ne. We are tossing Mui Ne and Nha Trang as our beach destination of choice for this trip. I'm looking forward to hearing from your experience with Mui Ne. Henry.

Shaun Taylor said...

Hi Henry, you can count on lots of photos and a personal opinion over the next couple of days. Internet has been spotty today, plus we have spent a pile of time building sand castles and such. ;-)

Shaun Taylor said...

Sorry Christine, not sure how you sipped through the cracks - Blogger is having some "issues" for the last couple of days. ;-)

For sure, that is the spa and I posted it up on TripAdvisor as well. It's worth a visit to escape the heat and noise of Saigon, you will know what I mean when you get there. ;-)