I burned about 3500 calories on Saturday's Marathon race. Why is that important? Read on...

Close to our house there's a shop I've wanted to nose around in, it's called Spec's. Primarily a wine store, it also does liquor and beer. Much like my obsessive passion regarding coffee roasting and espresso shots I do enjoy a quality beer. I might only drink a beer or two per month, I can guarantee it won't be Miller Light, it will probably be one from this list http://beeradvocate.com/top_beers. I've had three of the top 10's from the list and 26 of the top 100.

I drink Left Hand with my left handSpec's should help tick off a few more as their selection is quite good and eccentric enough to help me out. While there I couldn't resist getting something I had never heard of before, the Left Hand Brewing Company Imperial Stout. I enjoy a decent Russian Imperial Stout as the winter hours get longer (is it ever winter in Texas?), I remember brewing my first RIS about 10yrs ago on a snowy evening in Ottawa, one of my best home-brews, ever, but I digress.

To my point: 1 x large bag of potato chips and 1 x large RIS = Marathon caloric deficit now in balance. Ahhhhhhh...

0 comments: