Jan 18, 2008

Now that's a pork pie

As a kid growing up in England I learned to enjoy a good pork pie - specifically a Melton Mowbray pork pie. Easily found in Yorkshire nearly 40yrs ago, with a bit of HP sauce it was magic. Years later a good pie is something I look forward to when I hit Ireland. I only need one and I'm good till next time.

And here for your personal pie enjoyment, courtesy of my iPhone camera, is a pie from this last trip. Sitting in front of the fire, I was in pork pie heaven.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum - my favourite food group. I remember they used to come in 4 pounders. Pork Pie and Tetleys - heavenly. Bob W

Shaun Taylor said...

Bob, I think the pork pie is actually part of the Canada food guide food pyramid. You have to look real close, I think it's hidden behind the banana but it's there. ;-)

Hope things are going well up there. Nice to hear from you.