Doreen runs. She runs a lot. She runs in races and on treadmills. All over our neighborhood and grassy trails.

In the last two weeks she's done a 50km race and a 30km race, at the start of next year she's doing another marathon and there's talk of a 50miler. I don't like to run around the block, so I'm starting to feel like a softy, maybe it's time to start doing some knuckle pushups on gravel. ;-)

Here's Doreen standing on the finish line of the Sunmart 50km race with her pal Sam after seven hours of trail running. By all accounts they had fun (weirdo's) and currently they are both scheming on the upcoming 50miler.

IMG00031Fifty-kilometer

So here's a YouTube clip for both Doreen and Sam to watch while the 50miler scheming continues. Running 50 miles, wow... impressive and weird. Go get 'em honey, I'm proud of you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do 48 hr races and call her wierd for doing 7 hr runs? Now if she is doing work-up training for a solo entry in next year's Death Race, I might agree with you...;)

Liz

BTW, Merry Christmas!!

John F said...

Doreen can run so far that.....did you realize if you started training today it won't matter? You can never catch up to her. ;)

Shaun Taylor said...

That's so hard on my head, it makes me want to start running right now. ;-)

Shaun Taylor said...

Hi Liz,

Merry Christmas right back at ya. You heard it here first, runner's are weird. Now, I've been thinking of doing the biking Death race for a couple of years and every time I've taken a look it was canceled, did they do one this year?

Anonymous said...

Sorry Shaun, never heard of the biking death race. The one I was referring to is the Canadian Death Race in Grande Cache.

Shaun Taylor said...

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of (I actually grew up in Grande Cache) but they used to do a Death Race on bike's but it looks like they have dropped that now and just stuck with the running thing (wierdos). ;-)

aka Kathy said...

I have to agree - running's crazy stuff.

Shaun Taylor said...

Hey Kathy, wanted to let you know we booked a week in Big Bend. First three nights in Alpine and the remainder in Terlingua. Hope to see you on the Mas O Menos trails pre-race. Lets stay in touch closer to the date and maybe we can get a ride going or at the very least all of us have dinner together.