Dec 20, 2009

Streets have no name

Picture this...

On the CompuTrainer in the basement, watching 'U2 Live at Slane Castle' on the big screen, the headphones on and the volume CRANKED.

I had planned for a hard hour and so I pinned it. I hadn't watched the DVD for quite a while and I'm really loving it, just slamming the bike while watching the concert. Just as I hit the 1 hour mark I eased back the throttle and the next song that comes on is one of my all-time ever favorites. I had forgotten it came on just after an hour. Watching this portion of the DVD turned my 1 hour ride into 1 hour and 20 minutes and the 6 minutes I rode during this portion of the DVD was eye-bugging madness. Drool. Totally oxygen deprived. Madness. But so good.



When I posted this up to the blog the boys came in to the office and wanted to watch the YouTube clip, so I hit play, turned up the volume and we had a our own mini-concert. If the video looks a bit unstable, well that's because I'm jumping up and down as high as I can while I'm filming - it was a concert after-all. ;-)

7 comments:

BobbyK said...

one of the best songs of all times!

Shaun Taylor said...

You know it!

Coffee?

BobbyK said...

yes, yes. when?

Shaun Taylor said...

Early Xmas prezzie.

Tomorrow morning, 1000hrs. Bring, uhmmm, some biscotti or something.

BobbyK said...

sounds great. see you tomorrow

Jenny from the YMCA Spin Class! said...

Hey there, Mr. Taylor! It's me, Jennifer from the YMCA back here in Texas! I just wanted to say Hi (Hi!) and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! We miss you guys in class and without you to keep him in line....let's just say Joel is really starting to go crazy. We love you guys :)

Shaun Taylor said...

Jenny! Great to hear from you, I hope you are all doing well down there!!!

Let's face it, Joel was always crazy. ;-)

Please say hi to him for me, and to everyone else of course. Stay in touch and if you ever need to drink four ounce latte's in Alberta I know just the place for you. ;-)