Jan 9, 2010

Nice light

Most everything I do with the D200 is about light. I chase the light, move the light, manipulate the light or just let the the light do it's thing. Even unremarkable subjects like this (not very good latte art) interests my eye, I like the light playing off the surface and the rounded portions of the cup.

DSC_6579

This was a nice bevie, the Sul de Minas is starting to mature from a few days ago; plum jam, dark currants, bit of rum, heavy without an overbearing weight. A milk shot you could drink at least 10 times and still want more as you try to pick out the things going on in there.

4 comments:

John F said...

I like the "whisps" that are outside the leaves in that art.

It would be fun to watch a vid of a pour like that (maybe even in slo-mo) to see what exactly throws them off.

Shaun Taylor said...

I'll see if I can figure a way how to do it. Probably not so easy on my 'not quite Avatar-capable' iPhone.

John F said...

It wasn't a dare or anything....

But if you do it I think Trees by Rush would make a nice backing sound track. ;)

Shaun Taylor said...

Haha, maybe you could come up and play it. ;-)