Jan 10, 2011

Thai elbow

Here's a quick vid of Evan and Keegan absorbing 'the new trick of the day'. It's becoming common place for Evan to walk in and ask me to show him a new move. Keegan came well prepared this time, with a foam sword slid down the back of his shirt. ;-)

Neither of them had seen this one before, I only gave them two demonstrations on how it's done properly, then I explained the why's and when's and the strategy behind it. I then got Evan up first and asked him to do it slow in the air a couple of times without a pad so he could feel the placement and understand the flow, and here is the result.

First attempts...



That kid catches on fast.

4 comments:

John F said...

"Keegan came well prepared this time, with a foam sword slid down the back of his shirt. ;-)"


Blahahahahaha!

So glad I saw this before going to work today. Now I get at least 7 more smiles out of it as the day progresses.

Shaun Taylor said...

Don't you wish you were a kid again? I do.

John F said...

I'm not so sure about being a kid again.

Sorta yes and sorta no...ya know?

Shaun Taylor said...

Haha, yeah I guess you have a point.

If I could use my powers for good I'd go with 'kid again'. ;-)