"Slip that head"

Evan learning how to slip/redirect a punch or grab and then follow through with a right cross. It's a new one for him so he got a bit sloppy with his linear moves and rotational stuff but he'll clean it up once he starts tying the movement flow together. He zapped me with a good one at the end.



Little bit by little bit I'm adding things to Evan's style. He thought he was practising flying side kicks, he likes them so I let him do them when he wants, but really I'm just using them as a platform to teach him how to move from a dynamic position (in the air next to the target) then a transition into the next follow-on move. In a week or two I think he'll be able to do a flying knee and straight into a Thai elbow strike.



Teaching a blank slate is so much fun.

0 comments: