Mar 6, 2011

Hanging off dad

Evan asked this morning "Dad, what's a hard thing you did in the army?"

I get asked questions like this all the time. Usually I get away with answers like "Oh, probably knuckle pushups, yep knuckle pushups are hard". ;-)

But this morning it led down a rabbit hole of questions and answers, more questions and answers, until eventually I found myself putting a climbing harness on Keegan and hanging him off my shoulders. It's a bit of a tale as to how we got to this point but the outcome was worth it.

Keegan all smiles, suspended in mid-air, hanging from his first carabiner.

IMG00009-20110306-1044

2 comments:

John F said...

This is the absolute opposite of "Hop On Pop".... Hanging off Dad.

;)

Shaun Taylor said...

I think they've got a few more years of hanging off me.