Apr 4, 2011

The weather

It's been a LONG winter in Calgary, I mean like really, really, really, really, really long. Read any of the stats from this winter and the same theme keeps coming up for the region - words like longest, coldest, unseasonable, worst, etc.

So on Friday I was pretty happy to get outdoors for a 4hr ride, the first time I've been outdoors on my bike in nearly 5mths. It was sunny, 9 degrees Celsius and the roads and bike paths were clear enough to just enjoy riding. It was literally a breath of fresh air... and when I got home it started to snow.

Ten inches of snow in 24hrs.

Here's Doreen and the boys in the greenspace (whitespace?) just behind the house.

DSC_9870

Today finds us with 6 degrees Celsius and the snow is melting away again. I was ready for winter to end 2mths ago. Somebody reach over and push the 'end winter' button if you know where it is.

It's been so long since I was on singletrack, I wonder if it's possible that I've forgotten how to ride a mountain bike.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for the off button myself. That's why we are headed for the coast! And as to forgetting....Shaun never forgets anything...ha ha.

Anonymous said...

The snow was just an a chance to get a great photo. Have to look for the positive in any situation...even spring snow! RD

Shaun Taylor said...

Have fun out there Ruth!