This afternoon we took the boys on their first Seven Summits trip. Living in Rossland they've heard so much about the trail, but only seen pictures or videos of it from my rides. Getting them out on some bigger terrain and more epic adventures has been a long time coming but it's finally here.

We started at the North trailhead and headed up towards Lepsoe Basin. No problems on the uptrack and when it came time to turnaround they both flowed smoothly through the descents and made some good technical moves/decisions. Evan has been riding really well for quite a while now, today was Keegan's chance to shine, he rode better than I have ever seen him ride and I was really proud of his efforts!

I've spent hundreds of hours riding with the boys and today wasn't just another typical ride. It was a taste of what's to come... someday in the not too distant future they will be really fast, and then it will be my turn to try and keep up to them. Very, very cool.

Lepsoe-Basin-ride-with-boys

3 comments:

Johnny said...

I can't believe how big the kids are. They look twice the size they were when I was up there...

Shaun Taylor said...

You better watch out, they are gunning for you homey. 7yrs from now, Evan might make a go at 24hrs of RHR. ;-)

Iain Hackett said...

That's awesome!